Summer Reading, Assignments, and General Information for New and Current KRCS Students
2019 – 2020 UPPER SCHOOL SUMMER ASSIGNMENTS
Below is a list of the summer reading assignments and online course requirements followed by specific explanations and details for each. Please make sure your student completes their assignments prior to the first day of school.
General Information Links
- 2019-2020 Academic Calendar; Class Rotation Calendar
- Event Calendar
- 2019-2020 Physical Form, Concussion Awareness Form and Concussion Protocol
- Uniforms - Parents can purchase new and gently used uniforms at King’s Corner. Uniform Requirements
- Interim Term 2020
- Textbook Program and Bell Schedule
- New Parent IT Information
- Supply List - Upper School does not have a supply list. Should your child’s teacher require special materials, they will be given that information in class.
- Calculator Requirement for All Upper School Math Students: A graphing calculator will be required for all Upper School math students for the 2019-2020 school year. Teachers will be using the TI 83/84. There are various editions - the Silver, Silver Plus, etc., but if it starts with TI 83 or 84, your student will be able to follow along with the specific instruction given in class. Previously-used calculators can be found online for less than the cost of a new one. You are welcome to use a different type of graphing calculator, however training on that tool will be dependent on the student. It is also important that each student has a physical calculator. Phone applications or internet downloads for the computer will not be permitted.
- ID Security Badges - Student badges will be printed and distributed during the first week of school.
- Lockers - Students will be given their assigned locker number at orientation or the first day of school.
Faculty and Staff Contacts
- Dr. Hunter Chadwick, Head of Upper School
- Melissa Kohring, Administrative Assistant to the Head of Upper School
- Susan Vaughn, Upper School Registrar and Testing Coordinator
- Vikki Park, College Counselor
- Erin Chadwick, College Counselor
- Ray Lian, College Counselor
Prefects are seven high school student leaders selected by administrators, teachers and peers through a comprehensive interviewing process. Highly committed to the school’s mission, vision and passion, the Prefects shape the everyday experience of KRCS students through their dedication to servant leadership.
- Wyatt Moss - Head Prefect
- Abigail Brannon – Publicity Prefect
- Abby Williams – Admissions Prefect
- Braxton Chadwick – Unity Prefect
- Millie Warner – Academics Prefect
- Ellie Ackerman – Student Life Prefect
- McKenzie Callaway – Service Prefect