All School News
What’s Happening Around KRCS
- NEW FAMILY INFORMATION 2017-2018
Legally Blonde JR. T-shirts: The MS musical t-shirts are now available in the Spirit Wear Store and at the upcoming shows for $20. Purchase proceeds to benefit the Fine Arts Association.
- KRCS Spirit Wear Store Hours: Mondays from 2:15 PM - 3:45 PM and Wednesdays from 8:15 AM - 10:00 AM.
- KRCS Twice A Tiger Used Books & Uniforms Store Hours: Mondays from 2:15 PM - 3:45 PM and Wednesdays from 8:45 AM - 10:15 AM.
- Sunday, April 23 - Saturday, April 29: Spirit Week at Menchie’s. Stop by Menchie’s (Windward location) to enjoy a sweet treat and help KRCS at the same time! Menchie’s will donate 20% of all KRCS family sales back to the school. You must mention KRCS at time of sales transaction.
- Saturday, April 29 - Sunday, April 30: Last Chance Flash Sale! The “Must Have It” Last Chance items are MARKED DOWN EVEN MORE! First Come, First Served - See It, Love It, Buy It, Before It’s Gone! Click Here to shop! Sale Ends Sunday, April 30 at 9:00 PM.
- Monday, May 1 - Friday, May 5: End of Year Teacher Gifting. Detailed information coming soon.
- Tuesday, May 2: KRCS Spirit Event - Miniature Golf at the Fringe in Roswell from 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM. Come join the fun and visit with your friends! The Fringe will donate 50% of the cost for all mini-golf participants (including non-KRCS families) back to KR.
- Friday, May 5: Dining Out with KR at Casa Nuova. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with other KRCS families for lunch or dinner at Casa Nuova. A percentage of the proceeds from all sales (including gift card purchases) will be donated back to the school. Please make sure to tell them you’re part of the KRCS community!
- Friday, May 5 - Saturday, May 6: MS Musical, Legally Blonde Jr., at the Student Center on May 5 at 7:00 PM and May 6 at 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM. Click here to purchase tickets ($10/adult, $5/student). Volunteers are needed. Please click here to sign up.
- Thursday, May 11: Dining Out with KR at Dairy Queen. Join us as we support a KRCS family business and give back to our school too. Spread the word and KRCS will receive 20% of all sales from 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM. Please stop by after school from 3:30 PM - 6:30 PM for free face painting and balloons.
- Friday, May 12: Friday Night Lights/KRCSAA Appreciation Night. Event includes Jim ‘N Nicks BBQ, Powder Puff football game and football scrimmage from 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Monday, May 15: 1st Annual King’s Ridge Fine Arts Academy Recital featuring students K-12 who have had private instruction this year with Mr. Nicholas Wheeler, Mrs. Jenny Piacente and Mr. Robert Vore. The High School Symphonic Band will also feature pieces from the GMEA Spring Solo & Ensemble evaluation. This event will begin at 5:00 PM in the High School Howe Commons and will feature an Act 1, Intermission and Act 2.
- Friday, May 19: HS Baccalaureate at 7:30 PM (Alpharetta First United Methodist Church)
- Saturday, May 20: HS Commencement at KRCS
- Friday, May 26: Half Day of School for Students and Faculty/Staff
- Monday, May 29: KRCS Closed for Memorial Day
All School News - Athletics
- King’s Ridge Tiger Athletics Upcoming Events and News: Click here for complete details.
- Fall 2017 Registration Now Open for Jr. Tiger Football and Cheerleading: Visit www.krtigers.org for detailed information and registration.
- KRCS Sports Camps: King’s Ridge is excited to offer an array of sports camps this summer for rising students in 1st - 8th grade! Click here to register.
- Become a Member! All King’s Ridge families are invited to join the KRCS Athletic Association.
- Show your Tiger Pride! KR team sports magnets are available for purchase at sporting events, team meetings and at the Spirit Store (store hours are Mondays from 2:15 PM - 3:45 PM and Wednesdays from 8:15 AM - 10:00 AM).
All School News - Fine Arts
- Click here to enroll your student for private music lessons (LS, MS and HS) via King’s Ridge Christian School Fine Arts Academy.
- Interested in photos from the Black & White Gala? Click here to view and purchase the professional photos from Studio 7 photography.
- Volunteers Needed for MS Musical, Legally Blonde Jr. Please click here to sign up.
- The KRCS Thespian Society would appreciate your support! You can purchase HoneyBaked Ham gift cards online now through May 12 and have them shipped directly to you with 20% of the purchase going toward helping our group. Click here to purchase gift cards.
- Join the Fine Arts Association! The King’s Ridge Christian School Fine Arts Association (KRCSFAA) is a volunteer organization of KRCS parents.
Lower School News
- Lower School Summer Camps - Register Today!
- Wednesday, May 10 - Friday, May 12: LS Parent Appreciation Book Fair. All items are 50% off from 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM in the BAAC.
- Thursday, May 11: LS 3rd and 4th Grade Chorus Performance at 8:15 AM in the BAAC.
- Friday, May 12:
- LS Muffins with Mom at 8:00 AM in the BAAC (Hubler Dining Hall).
- Volunteer Appreciation Chapel at 9:00 AM in the BAAC.
- Monday, May 15:
- 3rd Grade Living Museum from 8:15 AM - 10:00 AM in the BAAC.
- First Annual Fine Arts Academy Recital from 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM in the High School Howe Commons.
- Thursday, May 25: 4th Grade End of the Year Celebration from 12:00 PM - 2:15 PM on Archer field.
- Friday, May 26: 4th Grade Recognition Chapel at 10:30 AM in the BAAC.
- Items in Lost and Found will be donated on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of every month per the new policy; LS Lost and Found Photo Gallery via Vidigami, our new Photo Management System. Please look for an email from Vidigami with your link to activate your account. Questions? Contact Caitlyn McCown.
- LS Parent Club Representative Contact Information: Desiree Higgins. Please contact Desiree with any Lower School and/or Parent Club related questions.
Middle School News
- MS Summer Academic Camps - Register Today! Registration Form; Class Descriptions
- Friday, May 12: 8th Grade Dance from 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM in the High School Howe Commons
- Items in Lost and Found will be donated on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of every month per the new policy; MS Lost and Found Photo Gallery; Student Center Lost and Found Photo Gallery via Vidigami, our new Photo Management System. Please look for an email from Vidigami with your link to activate your account. Questions? Contact Caitlyn McCown.
- MS Parent Club Representative Contact Information: Dawn Ackerman. Please contact Dawn with any Middle School and/or Parent Club related questions.
High School News
- High School Summer Stride Classes: The Stride Program allows students to pace their course load, ultimately providing time for stronger academic performance. Click here for summer course offerings and registration.
- Thursday, May 12:
- HS Underclassmen Awards Day at 9:30 AM in the High School Howe Commons
- HS Senior Graduation and Baccalaureate Rehearsals (Morning graduation rehearsals from 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM in the Student Center. Lunch on your own. Baccalaureate rehearsal at Alpharetta First United Methodist Church from 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM).
- Items in Lost and Found will be donated on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of every month per the new policy; High School Lost and Found Photo Gallery; Student Center Lost and Found Photo Gallery; via Vidigami, our new Photo Management System. Please look for an email from Vidigami with your link to activate your account. Questions? Contact Caitlyn McCown.
- HS Parent Club Representative Contact Information: Dawn Ackerman. Please contact Dawn with any High School and/or Parent Club related questions.
- Too Many Schoology Emails? Schoology is a student-directed learning management system, similar to what college students use to manage class assignments. Parents will receive Schoology notifications within their subscribed groups. Managing your subscriptions is even more critical to be sure you are receiving notifications in the optimal way. READ MORE
- IT Help Desk: email@example.com; (770) 754-5738 x 401; IT Support Staff
- If You are Looking to Purchase a New Device:
- 5th – 8th Grades: A laptop PC or Mac is highly recommended. Chromebooks and iPads can be great tools, however they pose challenges for many classes, and are, therefore, not recommended.
- 9th – 12th Grades: Laptop PC or Mac only, in order to meet the needs of every class.
- Recommendations for PC or MAC: PC Windows 7, I-5 processor, 4GB of RAM is the minimum; Apple should be the Yosemite minimum with 4GB of RAM; High School students who are interested in video production should consider increasing RAM to 8GB minimum and I7 processors.
Change in Home Address, Phone Number or Email Address?
Please click here and complete the online form so that your contact information is current with KRCS.
Calendars & Family Directory
Need the Family Handbook, Medical Forms, School Uniform Requirements and Other School Information?
- Visit Community Resources via MyKRCS