History of the Be Bold Capital Campaign:
Towards the end of the 2020-2021 school year, KRCS was presented with a final proposal to purchase the remaining 20 acres of adjacent property to our campus. As buyers lined up for that purchase, KRCS did not have the luxury of time to formalize a lengthy capital campaign. Dr. Jeff Williams, our former Head of School, and the Board of Directors created and approved our strategic plan's next step, starting with purchasing the land. In September 2021, the Be Bold Capital Campaign was launched.
Our Be Bold Capital Campaign raises money for campus improvements not part of the KRCS annual operating budget. Your multi-year gift to this campaign helps build a lasting legacy that our students will enjoy for decades into the future.
The Be Bold Capital Campaign Scope Includes:
The original campaign goal was $9.6M. However, since then, our nation has experienced a never-before-seen increase in construction costs, labor shortages, supply chain issues, and a significant jump in inflation rates. Due to these circumstances, the goal remains at $9.6M, but the scope of the capital campaign has been modified to include the following:
- Purchase the remaining parcels of contiguous property for our campus
- Finish the third floor of our high school wing, adding nine additional classrooms and administrative offices
- Renovate a newly acquired varsity softball/middle school baseball field within the land purchase
- Complete a cross-country course
- Construct a new varsity baseball field
- Complete our campus master plan and conduct a feasibility study for future campus development priorities, including a new Middle School